I fly a lot but I had a chance to actually drive to my job today. It was a day like any other day except for the fact that, as I was driving, a post popped into my head. I guess being a frequent flyer frequently induces writer's block.
It occurred to me that my being a newly-created 47 year old provides me with nearly a half century of experience from which to glean wisdom... or the repetition of all-too-familiar "oops events." And while you and I have seen the dreaded e-mail forwards with all types of quips about how after such and such time you know this or that, I have no desire to plagiarize. I may be unconventional, but I am absolutely original. So...
Here's what I have learned; in my own words:
1. LOVE is the only thing that is real.
2. Life is not measured by the number of breaths I take. Just breathe.
3. Some people will only love me with conditions attached. Just love.
4. Once I decide that I have it all figured out, I have quit searching. Ouch!
5. I don't know a thing, and I'm good with that.
6. Music is a gift from the heart of an artist. I want to make some.
7. Love is the ONLY thing that is real.
8. Memories are not the past. They're happening now. Pay attention :)
9. Resentment can kill me. Love can heal me.
10. Mean people seem to be everywhere. I don't want to be one.
11. I am myself only to the extent that I know myself. I want to be real.
12. If I look for it, I will have the opportunity to help someone.
13. Love is the only thing that is REAL.
14. Laughter is as powerful as music. Make some.
15. The act of forgiveness should never be an act.
16. If I believe me, I will be as healthy as I say I am.
17. I am loved, and I am worth the effort it may take.
18. I am thankful for all my experiences. They make me who I am.
19. Christ forgave his murderers while they were in the act.
20. LOVE is the ONLY thing that is REAL.
Peace -- jb