4.12.2009

poem of contrition

the apple of my eye

you are

though I've not shown you that

thus far

instead I've allowed distance

to creep

in between us

as if I was asleep

my heart is broken to pieces

tiny fragments remind me of you

I know it is hard to believe

but I promise it is true

you own my heart you share my soul

without you there's no role

that I care to play

it is fear that's been on display

I have repulsed you

and you've turned away

I am ashamed of myself

for putting

my ego ahead of my love

from this day till the next

one day at a time

with help from inside and above

I will display

my very true and honest self --

until you believe in me again

and until I've won you back

all I can do is wait...

jb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any thoughts on this post? I'd really love to hear from you. Be Peace, Make Peace -- jb